Universal Steel Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3.5 Inch OD
Universal Fit, 3.5" Overall Diameter, Steel, Balanced, Assembled, Transmission Yoke Included
- Driveshafts are built with 3-1/2-inch O.D. 1020 DOM tubing with a 0.083-inch wall thickness for strength and support up to 600 horsepower
- Driveshafts are available in lengths from 30-70 inches in 1/2-inch increments to fit most builds
- Simply select your transmission yoke of choice from the listed Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler applications
- Then select your applicable front and rear u-joint
- Lastly, select the length required as determined by the how to measure instructions listed
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- 3-1/2-inch OD 1020 DOM tubing with a 0.083-inch wall thickness
- Available in lengths from 30 to 70 inches in 1/2-inch increments
- For lengths shorter than 58 inches you can also use our 3.0-inch custom length driveshaft
- Perfect for street rods, muscle, and kit cars up to 600 HP
- Includes front slip yoke for your specific transmission application
- Includes front and rear universal joints of your choice
- Dynamically balanced with a Shaftmaster driveshaft balancer
- Allow a build time of up to three days before shipping
- Custom ordered driveshafts are NOT returnable
A Custom Length Driveshaft Right to Your Door
We have all been there. You just spent the weekend with a few friends dropping in that hot V-8 and your transmission of choice into your project’s rolling chassis. What is next? Connecting all that performance to your rear axle via a driveshaft.
However, your existing driveshaft (if you even have one) is likely 50 years old or is no longer correct for the new transmission and/or rear axle you have upgraded to. What to do? In the past you probably would have trailered your project to a driveshaft shop, dropped it off to have a custom driveshaft made, and picked it up several days later with a shiny new driveshaft installed.
While this certainly works, we know not everyone has a car trailer and something suitable to pull it with. Not to mention the thought of leaving your baby at some shop where it could possibly be damaged. Now, thanks to Speedway Motors’ new line of custom length steel drive shafts made to order, all you have to do is take a few simple measurements, place your order, and wait by the mailbox for your new Speedway drive shaft to show up! How much easier can it be than that?
Built with Steel for Strength and to Save You Money
There are a lot of great materials to make super strong driveshafts capable of high horsepower and we are often asked about an aluminum driveshaft vs carbon fiber. But we know most of our customers are going to be running a crate engine or custom build of 600 HP or less, and for the capability and value a steel driveshaft vs aluminum is the best answer.
Our driveshafts begin as lengths of “driveshaft quality” 3-1/2-inch OD 1020 DOM tubing. Using the overall length measurement you provide us, along with the U-joint sizes and slip yoke/driveshaft yoke application you spec, we cut, assemble, weld, and balance your driveshaft so it is ready to go right out of the box once you receive it.
Ready to Install Right out of the Box
We offer popular universal joint sizes like 1310 and 1350 that are fully greasable for long life, and our driveline yoke applications cover just about any automatic or manual transmission that was used by the OEMs or in popular drivetrain swaps.
What that means is, whether you are looking for a driveshaft for your stock ’69 Camaro with a 1330 U-joint or a driveshaft for your ’32 Ford with Tremec TKO-500 five-speed using a 1350 U-joint behind a built Flathead set back in the frame four inches, we have your project covered.
Order your steel driveshaft today by clicking “add to cart” and selecting your specific driveshaft components and keep your custom driveshaft cost in check!
You will find these options available in drop-down menus after adding your driveshaft to your cart. Please familiarize yourself with the available options and choose according to your build needs.
Step 1: Select Your Transmission Slip Yoke
- (T350) GM 27-spline, 1.5-inch OD Seal: Fits TH350, Aluminum Power Glide, 700R4, 200-4R, 4L60, 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L70E, Muncie M20 & M21, Saginaw 3 & 4-speed, T-5, T-10, T-56
- (T400) GM 32 spline yoke: Fits Turbo 400 (with no threaded hole in output shaft), Muncie M22, Super T10, 4L80E, 4L85E
- (T400CB) GM 32 spline yoke: Fits Turbo 400 (with threaded hole in output shaft)
- (C4) 28-spline: Fits Ford C4, C5, AOD, AOD-E, Ford T-5, T-10, Top Loader, TR-3550
- (F70) 28-spline: Fits Ford 4R70W
- (C6) 31-spline: Fits Ford C6, FMX, E4OD, 4R100, ZF 5-speed, TR-6060
- (C26) 26 spline: Fits 904, A833**
- (C30) 30 Spline: Fits 727, A833**
**A833 manual transmissions were produced with both 26 and 30 spline output shafts. Count the splines on your output shaft before ordering.
Aftermarket Tremec applications:
- Tremec T-5, please select Ford (C4) 28 spline
- Tremec TKO, TKO-500, TKO-600, T-56 Magnum, Magnum-F, TR-6060, please select Ford (C6) 31-spline
Step 2: Select Front and Rear U-joint
GM & Ford U-joint applications:
(1310) 1-1/16-inch cap X 3-7/32-inch wide
(1330) 1-1/16-inch cap X 3-5/8-inch wide
(1350) 1-3/16-inch cap X 3-5/8-inch wide
(3R) 1-1/8-inch cap X 3-5/8-inch wide with inside snap ring
(FS) 1-1/8-inch cap X 3-5/8-inch wide
Chrysler U-joint applications:
(7260) 1.078-inch cap x 2.125-inch with inside snap ring
(7290) 1.126-inch cap x 2.290-inch with inside snap ring
Step 3: Measure Required Driveshaft Length
This is the most critical spec for ordering the correct fitting driveshaft assembly! With the vehicle’s chassis at desired ride height, measure from the centerline of the axle housing yoke (where the U-joint will seat) to the transmission tail housing rear seal mounting surface (see photos for illustration purposes). This measurement will be the length chosen for the drive shaft length during checkout. You will want to round down to the nearest whole or half inch measurement.
For example, if your measurement is 45-1/8-inch, order a 45-inch driveshaft.
If your measurement is 45-3/4-inch, order 45-1/2-inch driveshaft.
NOTE: For Ford and Chrysler/Mopar applications with a “bubble” type transmission seal. On rare occasion, there is a Chrysler or Ford application that may have a bubble seal on the transmission tail housing. For these applications, please call our technical staff for assistance in placing your custom length driveshaft order, as additional information will be required.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Street Rod Driveshaft Slip Yoke Option For Kit 910-383Part # 9103831Qty x 1
Front U-joint Option For Driveshaft Kit 910-383Part # 9103832Qty x 1
Rear U-joint Option For Driveshaft Kit 910-383Part # 9103833Qty x 1
Custom Driveshaft Unit Option For Kit 910-3583Part # 9103835Qty x 1
More Like This
Universal Steel Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3 Inch OD
U-Weld-It Custom Steel Driveshaft Kit, 1350 Series, 3 Inch OD
Universal Chromoly Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3 Inch OD
U-Weld-It Custom Steel Driveshaft Kit, 1310 Series, 3 Inch OD
T-Bucket Drive Shaft Kit for GM TH350 Transmission
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, Ford C4, 1310 U-Joint
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, Ford C6, 1310 U-Joint
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, GM T350, 1310 U-Joint
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, GM T400, 1310 U-Joint
Fast Shafts Chromoly Drive Shaft
Q & A
Speedway Motors Custom Length Driveshaft Kits make it easy to have a custom made driveshaft that's perfect for your application delivered right to your door!
Tim talks about our Ford banjo rear end open drive conversion kit.
Speedway Motors employee Pat talks about how to measure your drive yoke for the proper universal joint.
In this article, Jeff provides tips on how to successfully install a custom length driveshaft into his 1967 Chevelle. This guide explains how to take accurate measurements while choosing your specific length, slip yoke, and u-joints for a perfect fit.
In this tech article, we show you how to measure the working angles on your drive shaft to ensure long life out of your U-joints.