Universal Chromoly Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3 Inch OD
Universal Fit, 3.00" Overall Diameter, Chromoly, Balanced, Assembled
- Driveshafts are built with 3-inch O.D. 4130 Chromoly tubing with a 0.083-inch wall thickness
- Increased strength over our 1020 steel driveshafts, supporting up to 1,200 horsepower
- Driveshafts are available in lengths from 16-58 inches in 1/2-inch increments to fit most builds
- Simply select your billet transmission yoke of choice from the listed Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler applications
- Then select the length required as determined by the how to measure instructions listed
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- 3-inch O.D. 4130 Chromoly tubing with a 0.083-inch wall thickness
- Available in lengths from 16 to 58 inches in 1/2-inch increments
- For lengths longer than 58 inches you can also use our 3.5-inch custom length driveshaft
- Built to handle 1,000-1,200 HP for extreme high-performance builds
- Includes billet steel slip yoke for your specific transmission application
- Includes super strong 1350 series front and rear universal joints
- Dynamically balanced with a Shaftmaster driveshaft balancer
- Allow a build time of up to three days before shipping
- Custom ordered driveshafts are NOT returnable
A Custom Length Driveshaft Right to Your Door
We have all been there. You just spent the weekend with a few friends dropping in that hot V-8 and your transmission of choice into your project’s rolling chassis. What is next? Connecting all that performance to your rear axle via a driveshaft.
However, your existing driveshaft (if you even have one) is likely 50 years old or is no longer correct for the new transmission and/or rear axle you have upgraded to and your new engine combination is putting out big power. What to do? In the past you probably would have trailered your project to a driveshaft shop, dropped it off to have a custom driveshaft made, and picked it up several days later with a shiny new driveshaft installed.
While this certainly works, we know not everyone has a car trailer and something suitable to pull it with. Not to mention the thought of leaving your baby at some shop where it could possibly be damaged. Now, thanks to Speedway Motors’ new line of custom length Chromoly steel drive shafts made to order, all you have to do is take a few simple measurements, place your order, and wait by the mailbox for your new Speedway drive shaft to show up! How much easier can it be than that?
Built with Chromoly Steel to Handle Ultimate Street Horsepower
There are a lot of great materials to make super strong driveshafts capable of high horsepower and we are often asked about an aluminum driveshaft vs carbon fiber. While carbon fiber is super light, it is extremely expensive. Aluminum driveshafts often require a larger diameter to handle the same horsepower as steel, which can cause chassis fitment issues. A great alternative is a Chromoly steel driveshaft. You can maintain a 3-inch diameter while handling more than 1,000 horsepower.
Our driveshafts begin as lengths of “driveshaft quality” 3-inch O.D. 4130 Chromoly tubing. Using the overall length measurement you provide us, along with the slip yoke/driveshaft yoke application you spec, we cut, assemble, weld, and balance your driveshaft with high quality 1350 series U-joints so it is ready to go right out of the box once you receive it.
Ready to Install Right out of the Box
We do not offer our 4130 Chromoly driveshaft with a 1310 U-joint because we know you will be putting some power through it. Only 1350 series universal joints that are solid and non-greasable for the highest strength are used in these driveshafts, and our billet driveline yoke applications cover just about any automatic or manual transmission that was used by the OEMs or in popular drivetrain swaps.
What that means is, whether you are looking for a driveshaft for your twin-turbo LS-swapped ’69 Camaro with TKO-600 5-speed and a 9-inch rear, or a driveshaft for your ’32 Ford with C4 automatic behind a blown big block Ford set back in the frame four inches, we have your project covered.
Order your Chromoly driveshaft today by clicking “add to cart” and selecting your specific billet driveshaft yoke and overall length and keep your custom driveshaft cost in check!
You will find these options available in drop-down menus after adding your driveshaft to your cart. Please familiarize yourself with the available options and choose according to your build needs.
Step 1: Select Your Transmission Slip Yoke
- (T350) GM 27-spline, 1.5-inch OD Seal: Fits TH350, Aluminum Power Glide, 700R4, 200-4R, 4L60, 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L70E, Muncie M20 & M21, Saginaw 3 & 4-speed, T-5, T-10, T-56
- (T400) GM 32 spline yoke: Fits Turbo 400 (with no threaded hole in output shaft), Muncie M22, Super T10, 4L80E, 4L85E
- (C4) 28-spline: Fits Ford C4, C5, AOD, AOD-E, Ford T-5, T-10, Top Loader, TR-3550
- (C6) 31-spline: Fits Ford C6, FMX, E4OD, 4R100, ZF 5-speed, TR-6060
- (7290) 30 Spline: Fits 727, A833**
**A833 manual transmissions were produced with both 26 and 30 spline output shafts. Count the splines on your output shaft before ordering.
Aftermarket Tremec applications:
- Tremec T-5, please select Ford (C4) 28 spline
- Tremec TKO, TKO-500, TKO-600, T-56 Magnum, Magnum-F, TR-6060, please select Ford (C6) 31-spline
Step 2: Measure Required Driveshaft Length
This is the most critical spec for ordering the correct fitting driveshaft assembly! With the vehicle’s chassis at desired ride height, measure from the centerline of the axle housing yoke (where the U-joint will seat) to the transmission tail housing rear seal mounting surface (see photos for illustration purposes). This measurement will be the length chosen for the drive shaft length during checkout. You will want to round down to the nearest whole or half inch measurement.
For example, if your measurement is 45-1/8-inch, order a 45-inch driveshaft.
If your measurement is 45-3/4-inch, order 45-1/2-inch driveshaft.
NOTE: For Ford and Chrysler/Mopar applications with a “bubble” type transmission seal. On rare occasion, there is a Chrysler or Ford application that may have a bubble seal on the transmission tail housing. For these applications, please call our technical staff for assistance in placing your custom length driveshaft order, as additional information will be required.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for Speedway Motors to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
What's In The Kit
BILLET DRIVE SHAFT YOKEPart # 910383C1Qty x 1
3"OD CHROMOLY SHAFT LENGTHPart # 910383C2Qty x 1
More Like This
Universal Steel Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3 Inch OD
U-Weld-It Custom Steel Driveshaft Kit, 1350 Series, 3 Inch OD
Universal Steel Custom Length Driveshaft Kits, 3.5 Inch OD
U-Weld-It Custom Steel Driveshaft Kit, 1310 Series, 3 Inch OD
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, Ford C4, 1310 U-Joint
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, Ford C6, 1310 U-Joint
T-Bucket Drive Shaft Kit for GM TH350 Transmission
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, GM T350, 1310 U-Joint
58 In. Streetrod Steel Driveshaft, 3 In OD, GM T400, 1310 U-Joint
Fast Shafts Chromoly Drive Shaft
Q & A
We plan to run our 1967 Chevy II Nova hard, so we picked a driveshaft that could keep up. Watch this video to learn more about custom length driveshafts from Speedway Motors.
We have a full day ahead of us with the radiator core support, getting all the sheet metal back on, and wiring the engine. Check out day three of our Chevy II Nova Gasser build!
Speedway Motors Custom Length Driveshaft Kits make it easy to have a custom made driveshaft that's perfect for your application delivered right to your door!
Tim talks about our Ford banjo rear end open drive conversion kit.
Speedway Motors employee Pat talks about how to measure your drive yoke for the proper universal joint.