Two Plain 9 Super 7® Carbs to 4-Bbl Intake Manifold Adapter Kit
Universal Fit, Two Carburetor Quantity, 2 x 2-Barrel Carburetor Barrels
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This kit allows you to put Speedway's 9 Super 7® carbs on your standard 4 bbl intake manifold. It includes two carbs, the adapter, air cleaners, linkage kit, fuel block, fittings and red fuel line. Assembly required.
2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Intake Adapter -
Allows you to mount any Stromberg "97" or Holley "94" three bolt carb to a small 4v (WCFB) Carter AFB or Holley 4 barrel carb intake. This adapter comes with mounting bolts and two 3-bolt carb mounting gaskets. It does NOT come with the intake manifold to adapter gasket.
- Spacing for two barrel carbs is 5-1/4" center to center
- Thickness of adapter is 1-5/8"
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
Speedway Motors has incorporated many improvements in the 9 Super 7® while maintaining the Stromberg 97 carburetor's original look. Features such as the choke assembly, accelerator pump, main jets and cosmetics have all been faithfully retained. Additionally, each carburetor is individually flow tested and inspected for leaks. Perfection is the result! Upgraded internal parts include; the float, needle, and seat. Jetting and power valve settings remain as they were for the original 97 carbs as well as the cfm and vacuum specs.
The 9 Super 7® Carb makes setting up a multiple carburetor induction system easier than when Strombergs were available new. All that's required to do so with our kits is a Uni-Syn syncing tool and a little patience. Be sure to include the Secondary 9 Super 7 when installing 3-carb setups. Our 3 Carb kits come with one primary carburetor and two secondary carburetors while the 2 Carb kits are both primary carbs. See our Multiple Carburetor Tech Tip for more information on using the 9 Super 7® in a 2x2 or 3x2 carb set-up.
On the primary 9 Super 7® carb the throttle shaft extends from carb body .983" and has the hole on the end to pin the linkage. There is a brass sleeve that the throttle shaft rotates in that extends from the carb body .400 and this leaves the useable throttle shaft length of .583. There is sufficient room for progressive linkage and the manual throttle linkage that rotates over the sleeve.
- All-new tooling for crisp, flawless castings
- New aluminum base assembly allows for cooler fuel temps and better fuel efficiency as compared to the original cast iron design
- Stainless steel screws and hardware
- Choke assembly, accelerator pump, and jets have all been faithfully retained and accept standard Stromberg parts
- Features original Stromberg 0.97" venturi diameter
- Modern Nitrophyl float and Neoprene gaskets
- Original troublesome needle and seat replaced by a Grose-style fuel inlet valve to better cope with higher fuel pressures and improved high speed running
- Will not stick or dribble like the old Viton-tipped needle and seat setups
- Grose-style jet valve won't corrode in modern fuel, something the original needle and seat units can do
- Comes with a No. 65 power valve and 0.045" main jets, identical to the stock 97
- Extended brass throttle shaft to simplify multi-carb linkage
9 Super 7® Primary Carbs -
- Features .045" main metering jets and a number 65 power valve, which is the same as a stock 97 carb.
- Replacement jet access plug gasket use # 91011542, replacement needle & seat gasket use # 91011543.
- Includes base gasket.
- The 9 Super 7 ® will operate suitably with fuel pressures ranging from 1-1/2 psi to 4 psi, with a desired setting of 2-1/2 psi to 3 psi. Fuel pressure from 4 psi to 7 psi will cause the carburetor to run excessively rich and may cause flooding. Flooding or leaks caused by excessive fuel pressure do not indicate a faulty carburetor. A fuel regulator such as # 560-58500 must be utilized in order to keep proper fuel pressure at the 1-1/2 to 4 psi range.
- Our independent tests produced these flow numbers:
- 3" of Vacuum - 60 CFM
- 10" of Vacuum - 110 CFM
- 15" of Vacuum - 136 1/2 CFM
- 28" of Vacuum - 184 CFM
See what other industry experts are saying about the 9 Super 7® here.
What's In The Kit
Primary 9 Super 7® 3-Bolt 2-Barrel Carburetor, Plain FinishPart # 91511655Qty x 2
2x2 9Super7-LINKAGE HRDWAREPart # 1356721Qty x 1
4 Inch Swedged Aluminum Throttle Linkage Tubes, 3/16 (10-32) ThreadPart # 94055301-4Qty x 1
Vintage 2-Barrel Carb AdapterPart # 1352001Qty x 1
1 1/4" Carb Stud Kit Bag of 4Part # 13559Qty x 2
Helmet Style Air CleanersPart # 91011025Qty x 2
Red See-Through Fuel Line Hose, 5/16 Inch I.D. x 6 Ft.Part # 91011449Qty x 1
97-Style Carburetor Fuel Inlet Fitting, 1/2 In-20 to 5/16 Hose, ChromePart # 91611066Qty x 2
Straight Chrome Fitting, 5/16 Inch Hose to 1/4 Inch NPTPart # 91611048Qty x 2
Straight Chrome Fitting, 3/8 Inch Hose to 3/8 Inch NPTPart # 91611058Qty x 1
Two Outlet T-Style Chrome Fuel BlockPart # 5506150Qty x 1
Stromberg 97-Style Extended Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606180Qty x 1
Stromberg 97-Style Center Carb Throttle Shaft ArmPart # 5606181Qty x 1
More Like This
Two Chrome 9 Super 7® Carbs to 4-Bbl Intake Manifold Adapter Kit
Three Chrome 9 Super 7® Carbs to 4-Bbl Intake Manifold Adapter Kit
Three Plain 9 Super 7® Carbs to 4-Bbl Intake Manifold Adapter Kit
Small Block Chevy Street Tunnel Ram Kit, Polished Scoop
Chrome 9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
Chrome 9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Intake Manifold Kit, 1942-48 Flathead
Shotgun Bill's Scoop® B/B Chevy Tunnel Ram Intake/Carb Kit
Shotgun Bill's Scoop® S/B Chevy Tunnel Ram Intake/Carb Kit
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Meyer Intake Manifold Kit, 1932-48 Flathead
9 Super 7® 2x2 Carb/Meyer Intake Manifold Kit, 1949-53 Flathead
Q & A
Now that Project Chevelle is making some real power, we've decided to ditch the old tank, lines, and pump in favor of a new tank and pump from Tanks Inc.
Tim talks about the Offenhauser 4 x 2 Pacesetter intake.
Dave gives a few tips on how to select the appropriate intake manifold for your project.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.