Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Universal Fit, Block Hugger Header Tube Type, Ceramic Coated, Oval Port Flange Style, Steel
- Compact design. 3/8" thick flanges
- Fits ZZ4 crate engines
- Header bolts and exhaust gaskets are included. Collector reducers are not included
- Ball flange pipe connection
- May require modifications to accommodate knock sensor in some applications
If you are using ’92-and-later LT4 style D-port heads in your street rod, these shorty headers are for you. The tight-fit headers design fits in a wide variety of applications, and the block hugger headers have built-in OEM-style donut seals on the collectors so no gaskets or collector reducers are needed. These block hugger headers are ceramic coated headers.
- Compact design
- OEM-style exhaust pipe connection
- 3/8” thick flanges w/ oval 1.29" x 1.67" port configuration
- 16-gauge tubing
- Header bolts and exhaust gaskets are included
- Collector reducers are not included but offered below
- May require modification to accommodate knock sensors in some applications
Header Dimensions (GIF)
- 1992 and later LT-4 engines
- Compact design will fit a wide variety of early street rods
- Will not fit 1955-1957 Chevys, Camaros, Chevelles or other modern cars with crossmembers under the two center exhaustt ports
Armor Hot Coating (AHC) is a heat resistant, ceramic coating applied to the outside of the header. This coating will reflect heat, which helps retain more heat within the header tube while simultaneously speeding up the exhaust flow. Not only will this coating help you make more horsepower, it also keeps your headers rust-free, looking great, and lasting longer (when properly maintained). If you are looking for a show-quality finish for your headers, this is it! Our AHC will withstand exhaust temperatures of up to 1300¢ª F.
WarrantiesAHC coated headers will burn and be damaged at exhaust temperatures above 1300 degrees. An excessively lean fuel mixture can generate exhaust temperatures over 1700-1900 degrees. If the coating is burned (which will look like a dull gray) due to a lean condition, it is not warrantied, but the headers can be recoated.
Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Hooker 2301HKR Block Hugger Headers for ZZ4 Crate Motor, Ceramic Coat
Speedway Tight Tuck S/B Chevy Block Hugger Headers, AHC Coated
Small Block Ford, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Big Block Chevy, Block Hugger, Tight-Fit Headers, AHC Coated
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy ZZ-4 Block Hugger Headers, Chrome
ZZ-4 Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers, Raw Finish
Speedway Small Block Chevy Hugger Tight Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Tight-Fit Small Block Chevy Block Hugger Headers
Big Block Chevy Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Raw Finish
LS1 Block Hugger Tight-Fit Headers, Raw Finish
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.