Speedway Flathead Ford Oil Pump, High Volume
- One of the shortcomings of the flathead Ford V8 is the oiling system and this high volume oil pump is an excellent upgrade
- The longer gears on our high volume oil pump give it 25 percent greater flow ensuring that your high performance flathead is well lubricated
- Fits 1932 to 1953 Ford and Mercury flathead V8 engines
- This pump is approximately 1-1/4" deeper than a stock oil pump which will likely require modification of the oil pan to accept this additional depth
- If used on a 1948 or older block you will also need our pick-up tube 91016259
When you spend big bucks rebuilding and modifying a vintage flathead V8, you dont want to take chances on its oiling system. The longer gears on our high-volume oil pump give it 25-percent greater flow, ensuring that your high-performance Flathead gets the lubrication it needs. The HV pump may require oil pan modifications (see Notes tab for details).
Fits 1932-1953 Ford and Mercury flathead V8 engines.
Item DetailsNote: Please review information at right regarding possible oil pan modification requirement necessary to use this oil pump.
- The HV pump is approx. 1-1/4" deeper than an OEM '49-'53 oil pump. The bottom of the pan will most likely require modification to accept this additional depth. If this pump is to be used '48-older block, you will also need our pick-up tube 910-16259.
- Pump measures 5-1/2" from mount surface to bottom of the pump.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Q & A
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Follow along as Jeff installs Mr. Gasket aluminum finned valve covers and gaskets to his iron-head engine. Learn how to prep the covers for a fresh coat of engine paint!