Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 58 In. Width
Universal Fit, Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, 58" Overall Width, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size
- New fabricated steel center section
- New 3" O.D. axle tubes w/ 3/16" wall thickness
- Axle tubes are internally reinforced for additional strength
- Performance 31-spline axle shafts
- New Big Ford Toriono-style bearings, seals and HD retainers
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Looking for a budget-friendly, rock-solid foundation for your custom rear suspension? Look no further. Our fabricated steel Ford 9 inch axle housings feature all-new, USA-made components for maximum durability. It’s an evolution of the rugged and reliable 9 inch Ford platform.
Designed with the Builder in Mind
This housing is pumpkin-centered with uniform-length axle tubes, side-to-side. So mounting suspension brackets, especially on triangulated 3-link and 4-link systems, is much easier. Unlike factory stamped housings, these fabricated plate-steel center sections provide a wide, flat surface for easy bracket attachment. Note that the pumpkin-centered design will offset the pinion yoke about 1" to the passenger side.
Axle tubes are 3” O.D. with a 3/16” wall thickness. Heavy-wall tubes, along with a larger center section, significantly reduce distortion during welding of rear-link brackets or spring pads. Billet steel “New Big Ford” (Torino) style bearing ends are fixture-welded (3.150” O.D. bearing, with 2.50” axle flange offset).
Improved Design for Greater Durability
In addition to the heavy-duty bearing ends, the axle tubes are supported with bracing inside the large center housing. This reduces flex in the rear end housing, which is something you won’t find on stamped factory 9 inch housings. Plus, gears stay well-lubed and run cooler thanks to a large-capacity fabricated center (holds more gear oil than stamped housings). Axle is vented on the driver’s side.
Yet, with improved durability, our fabricated axle housing is on average 2 pounds lighter than stock style housings of the same size! Add your choice of axle shafts and third member (sold separately), and you are ready to roll. Equip your race car, hot rod or 4X4 with Ford 9 inch parts from Speedway Motors to ensure there are no weak links in your driveline combination.
Total wheel-to-wheel mounting surface width is 58" (from hub-to-hub). The pumpkin is centered in the housing, which puts the pinion 1" offset from center, requiring different length axle shafts. This 58" housing includes one 29-5/8" long axle and one 27-1/4" long axle. This housing includes (8) T-bolts for the axle bearing retainer plates and (10) studs for the third member.
Forged Steel Axles
Our improved axle housings deserve equally strong axles to drive your street machine. Two custom cut Currie axles made of heat-treated 1541 forged alloy steel have the strength to handle the horsepower. Axles are 31-spline, with pressed on bearings and include axle shafts, axle bearings, axle seals, and bearing retainers. Flanges are dual-drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" Ford/Mopar and 5 on 4-3/4" GM wheel bolt patterns, and include two sizes of wheel studs (1/2"-20 Ford/Mopar and 7/16"-20 GM).
- Made in the USA fabricated steel center section
- 3" O.D. axle tubes with 3/16" wall thickness
- Axle tubes are internally reinforced for additional strength, less flex
- Billet steel "New Big Ford" (Torino) style bearing ends
- Forged 1541 Steel axle, dual drilled for both 5 on 4-1/2" Ford/Mopar and 5 on 4-3/4" GM wheel bolt patterns.
- Accepts brake kits for 2.50" axle shaft flange offset (from housing flange)
- Housing measures 53" from flange-to-flange
- Assembled rearend measures 58" from hub-to-hub (axle flange face-to-face)
- Includes one 29-5/8" long axle and one 27-1/4" long axle
- Improved housing design weighs approximately 2 lbs less than stock-style fabricated housings
- Centered pumpkin w/ 1" offset pinion yoke for easy suspension mock-up
- Greater-than-stock capacity center section holds more gear oil and runs cooler
- Requires different length axle shafts, left/right
- Includes vent on driver side axle tube
- Includes studs for 3rd member and 3/8” T-bolts for bearing retainer plates
When utilizing an aftermarket axle with disc brake conversion kits, it may be necessary to reduce the diameter of the axle flange to a diameter necessary to adequately fit inside the required Clearance I.D. that the brake hat/brake rotor will require. (see above diagram for illustration)
- 3rd member stud nuts/washers not included/available as 919-0916
- 3rd member sold separately
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Currie CE-98129-27375 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 27-3/8 InchPart # 91046106Qty x 1
Currie CE-98132-29625 9 Inch Ford 31 Spline Axle Shaft, 29-5/8 InchPart # 91046107Qty x 1
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing, 58 Inch WidthPart # 91046258Qty x 1
9 Inch Ford Rearend Axle Housing 3rd Member Pumpkin GasketPart # 9192300Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 54 Inch
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 56 Inch
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 54 In. Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 56 In. Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 58 Inch
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 60 Inch
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 60 In. Width
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 58 In. Early Ford
Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit with Buick Finned Drums, 56
Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit with Buick Finned Drums, 58
Q & A
Our Week to Wicked Nova makes some serious power. We selected a few parts that will put all that power to the ground and withstand the abuse.
Our stock 1967 Chevy II Nova rolled into MotorTrend Group's Santa Ana Tech Center this morning and we won't sleep until it's 1960's drag strip ready!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Starting with a Speedway Motors Gasser Axle Suspension Kit and our 9-Inch Housing with 3.89 gears, the Speedway Motors Build Team and Car Craft Magazine build the Chevy II Nova Gasser a rock solid foundation.