Speedway 1968-72 A-Body Complete 2 Inch Drop Front Suspension Kit
GS, GS 350, GS 400, GS 455, Skylark, Chevelle, 442, Custom Cruiser, Cutlass, Cutlass Supreme
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Want to lower your '68-72 A-Body, get better brakes, and upgrade your suspension - all at the same time? If so, this complete front suspension kit is for you!
- 910-35000 G-Comp 2 Inch Drop Performance Spindles for GM A/F/X-Body Muscle Cars
- Fits 1964-1972 Chevelle
- One-piece forged steel construction
- Provides 2-inch dropped ride height
- Upper ball joint raised and relocated to provide added negative camber gain
- Improved alignment adjustability
- Utilizes OEM bolt-on steering arms
- Works with OEM and aftermarket disc brake kits (utilizing OEM disc brake spindle)
- 721-4671 QA1 Adjustable Pro-Coil Shocks
- 721-10477 QA1 GMP Coil-Over Spring
- Chrome silicon steel
- Cold wound - heat treated - shot peened
- Protective coated
- Lifetime guarantee
- 910-36472 Speedway 1964-72 GM A-Body Chevelle Tubular Control Arms
- Includes upper and lower control arms
- All new components
- Improved geometry for modern tire design
- Increased adjustability for street/track performance
- Strong and lightweight with polyurethane bushings
- Robust design built from heavy tubular steel
- Additional caster built into upper arms
- Improved geometry to firmly plant modern radial tires
- Durable black powder-coated finish
- 910-31958D Speedway Deluxe 1964-74 GM Car Disc Brake Kit, Drilled/Slotted
- Must be used with 15" wheels or larger
- Caliper brackets
- Backing plates/dust shields
- Outer wheel bearing cones
- Inner wheel bearings cones
- 11" brake rotors, drilled and slotted, 5 on 4-3/4"
- RH/LH Calipers
- Brake pads
- Spindle nut kit
- Seals and hardware
- 910-3610 Tubular Lower Control Arm Coilover Reinforcement Plate
- Reinforces the lower control arm when running coilovers
- 5-1/2 inch outside diameter
- 1/4" thick
- 3/8" bolt holes, spaced 2-11/16" center to center
- 2" x 2" square center hole
- We recommend using brake booster/master cylinder combo 910-31978 with this front disc brake kit. Stock single reservoir 4-wheel drum brake master cylinders do not have the capacity to supply the proper amount of pressure for front disc brakes. Combo 910-31978 also includes an adjustable proportioning valve which is to be installed in the rear brake line circuit. The proportioning valve modulates pressure to the rear brakes which is necessary to prevent the rear brakes from locking up in an emergency stop situation.
- We also suggest for your consideration the following related items to complete your installation:
Read about the G-Comp suspension packages in action on our 1965 Chevy II, as featured in this article from Super Chevy Magazine; A 1965 Chevrolet Nova that Crushes it on the Track!
What's In The Kit
Seal - 1.734X2.402X.210Part # 912S17187Qty x 2
64-72 GM Caliper BracketsPart # 91034902Qty x 1
1964-1972 GM Brake Backing Plates/Front Dust ShieldsPart # 91034904Qty x 1
Wheel Bearing Outer Cone, 3/4", SteelPart # 912TLM11949Qty x 2
Inner Wheel Bearing ConePart # 912TLM67048Qty x 2
69-72 RH Rotor, Drilled and SlottedPart # 91065391.RQty x 1
69-72 LH Rotor, Drilled and SlottedPart # 91065391.LQty x 1
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, LHPart # 91031035-LQty x 1
IMCA 1969-77 Midsize Standard Stock GM Caliper, RHPart # 91031035-RQty x 1
Speedway Soft Street Organic Brake Pads GM Mid-Size 1969-1977Part # 9193382Qty x 1
Spindle Nut Kit for Speedway 49-54 Chevy and 1953-82 GM SpindlesPart # 910616005Qty x 1
Hardware for 910-31958 KitPart # 91031958-2Qty x 1
Front Disc Brake Hardware KitPart # 9103141.1Qty x 1
G-Comp 2 Inch Drop Performance Spindles for GM A/F/X-Body Muscle CarsPart # 91035000Qty x 1
Box 1 of 91036472Part # 91036472.1Qty x 1
Box 2 of 91036472Part # 91036472.2Qty x 1
QA1 Adjustable Pro-Coil ShockPart # 7214671Qty x 2
QA1 GMP Tapered High Travel Coil-Over SpringPart # 72110473Qty x 2
Tubular Lower Control Arm Coilover Reinforcement PlatePart # 9103610Qty x 1
More Like This
RideTech 11221010 Front CoolRide Kit, 64-72 GM A Body
Steering and Brake Kit for 48 Inch Ford Axle
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Chevy Spindles, Plain
Ford Spindles - 4-Bar Spring-Behind Front End Kit, Plain
Model A 4-Bar Tube Axle Kit for Ford Spindles, Plain
Model A to 1934 Ford 48 In I-Beam Axle Radius Rod Kit - Ford Spindle
Forged I-Beam Split Wishbone Front End Kit
Spring-Behind 6 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Chevy Spindles, Plain
Spring-Behind 6 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles, Chrome
Spring-Over 6 Inch Drop Front End for Chevy Spindles, Chrome
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks teamed up to build a 1952 Chevy Truck in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th Anniversary. Jason and Tom take a few minutes to talk about the rear suspension the team used on the truck.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.
Learn how to lower a hot rod by modifying the axles and some history behind early hop ups. This project features a Ford axle with wishbones for a Model A.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.
Directions on how to properly mock up your ride height using Speedway Motors coilover shock ride height mockup tool. See tips on positioning the links and brackets correctly.