Small Block Chevy Lake Style Headers, Raw Finish
Universal Fit, Lake Style Header Tube Type, Raw, Standard Flange Style, Steel, Natural
- Nothing gives your vintage rod that authentic dry lakes competition look like a set of lakester headers
- Fits 265-400 c.i. Small Block Chevy with standard or Vortec heads including D-port ZZ-4 style heads (not LT-1)
- Features 1-5/8" primary tubes and 3-1/2" collectors with a round port height of 1.72" and port width is 1.41"
- Includes flange to connect 2” exhaust pipe and removable end plates allow you to run open headers with ease
- Black painted finish for corrosion resistance only during storage, gaskets and hardware included for a successful installation
Nostalgia-style street rods are hotter than ever, and nothing gives your vintage rod that authentic dry lakes competition look like a set of lakester headers. These exposed small block Chevy headers work great on rods without hoods, but we’ve also seen them peeking through carefully trimmed hood sides. Each lakester header has a flange so you can connect it to a muffled under-car exhaust when the end plate is on.
- Fits 265-400 c.i. with standard or Vortec heads including D-port ZZ-4 style heads (not LT-1)
- 1-5/8" primary
- Includes flange to connect 2” exhaust pipe
- Removable end plates allow you to run open headers with ease
- Includes gaskets and mounting hardware
NOTE: Turn-outs NOT included. Headers come with end plates, but the turn outs are sold seperately.
- 3-1/2" collector
- 2.00" exhaust hook-up
Use the illustration below with these measurements:
- A = 6-1/2"
- B = 4-1/4"
- C = 28-1/2"
- D = 11"
- E = 8-1/2"
- F = 12"
NotesThese headers are treated with a light coating of anti-corrosion paint to avoid rust during shipment and on the shelf. This coating must be removed entirely before painting with a high-temp paint for final installation. Coating can be removed with lacquer thinner.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Which size of headers should I use? Short or long tube headers? Etc. Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new engine deserves new all new exhaust. Be sure to have a look at our rundown on selecting the best setup for headers, exhaust, and mufflers here.