Schoenfeld 184V High Velocity Street Stock Headers, 1-1/2 - 1-5/8 Inch
Chevy Small Block V8, Chassis Header Tube Type, Temporary Paint, Standard Flange Style, Steel
- Works with straight or angle plug heads
- Primaries have a 1-1/2 to 1-5/8" diameter and a 8.75" long collector
- Engineered to clear side and rear engine mounts (motor must be in stock location)
- Will fit the Monte Carlo (1972-1987) and Malibu, Grand Prix, Cutlass, Regal (1978-1987) and Camaro (1970-1981)
- These high-velocity headers are engineered to boost torque in small-block Chevy race engines with standard port cylinder heads
Races are won by the guy who gets off the corner the fastest. Torque is what gets your car moving, and the right header is crucial for generating maximum torque. These high-velocity headers are engineered to boost torque in small-block Chevy race engines with standard port cylinder heads.
Fits Monte Carlo (1972-1987) and Malibu, Grand Prix, Cutlass, Regal (1978-1987) and Camaro (1970-1981).
- Clears side and rear engine mounts (motor must be in stock location)
- Fits straight or angle plug heads
- Will not clear stock manual clutch linkage ball or air condition box
- Must use short oil filter such as WIX 51069, AC PF24, or FRAM PH30
Item Details1-1/2"to 1-5/8", 1978-1986 Intermediate
- Monte Carlo (1972-1987)
- Malibu, Grand Prix, Cutlass, Regal (1978-1987)
- Camaro (1970-1981)
NotesThe paint on Schoenfeld headers protects them after the manufacturing process and during shipping - it is not designed as a final finish. It is recommended that this protective paint be stripped and a high heat coating/paint designed for use on headers.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Watch our video on the ceramic coating process for Armor Hot Coating. Headers coated with Armor Hot Coating protect your car without sacrificing looks.
Maintaining your headers is an important part of any hot rod. Pat gives some tips and demonstrates how well Purple Metal Polish works for keeping your headers looking great.
Jeremy explains the different options of headers that Speedway Motors offers for Demolition Derby cars. Watch this video to see a variety of options and the benefits of certain headers.
Hooker headers are installed in a 1967 Pontiac Firebird for increased power and a boost in performance. See how to work through fitment of the steering box, clutch Z bar and starter.
In this Tech Tip, John explains the design behind a set of headers destined for a Tri-5 using a traditional rack and pinion style steering system.
A new motor deserves new exhaust. Click here for a rundown on selecting the best setup!
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.