Pertronix D143700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
413 Chrysler Big Block V8, 440 Chrysler Big Block V8, 426 Chrysler Hemi V8, Steel Gear Material
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- Integrated patented Ignitor II technology with adaptive dwell control.
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution.
- A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
- Ignitor II compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
- Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster.
- Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life.
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
- Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing.
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves.
- High dielectric strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact.
- Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
- Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n Play design and relatively small size.
Although our distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
- PerTronix D143700 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor Billet Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth 426-440 Plug and Play with Ignitor II Technology Vacuum Advance Black Cap
NotesDue to variances in 440 cylinder head castings, some cylinder heads may require grinding for adequate distributor clearance. Not compatible with CD or multi-spark boxes. Not for use with solid core spark plug wires.
More Like This
PerTronix D7143701 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D7143710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D7143700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D143701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
PerTronix D7143711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
PerTronix D143710 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D143711 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
PerTronix D143800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Black
PerTronix D143801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 426-440, Red
PerTronix D7143810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 426-440
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Common Firing Orders