PerTronix NE-161 Northeastern Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).
- Guaranteed for 30 months.
Application1927-30 Dodge Brothers All models V6 (Ignitor version available in 6V positive ground, add P6 suffix, Ignitor version available in 12V positive ground, add P12 suffix, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
- PerTronix NE-161 Ignitor Northeastern 6 cyl
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit . ...no points to burn, ...no moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No "black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing ...no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Available for 6 and 12-volt negative and positive ground systems
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
More Like This
PerTronix ML-161 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 6 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
PerTronix ML-181 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 8 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix NE-161P6 Northeastern Ignitor, 6 Cylinder, 6 Volt
PerTronix NE-141 Northeastern Ignitor, 4 Cylinder
PerTronix LU-161 Lucas Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
PerTronix NE-141P12 Northeastern Ignitor, 4 Cylinder, 12 Volt
PerTronix SV-161 Ignitor SEV Marchal, 6 Cylinder
PerTronix CH-161 Ignitor, Chrysler Electronic Distributor 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1181 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 GM V8
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Common Firing Orders