PerTronix MR-147 Ignitor II Electronic Distributor Conversion Kit
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
IGNITOR II FOR MARELLI DISTRIBUTORS #S77A & #S83C, 4 CYL
The Ignitor II has many of the same great feature that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.Features Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
• Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
• Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
• Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
• Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).
• Guaranteed for 30 months
ApplicationAll Fiat 600, 750, 770, Multipla, Seat V4 (Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
- PerTronix MR-147 Ignitor II Marelli 4 cyl
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit . ...no points to burn, ...no moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No "black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing ...no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Available for 6 and 12-volt negative and positive ground systems
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
More Like This
Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
PerTronix ML-181 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 8 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix ML-161 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 6 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix 1181 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 GM V8
PerTronix 1383 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1951-58 Mopar V8
PerTronix 1282 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1954-56 Ford V8
Pertronix Ignitor Kit, 42-48 Flathead V8 w/Front Mount Dist 6 Volt POS
PerTronix 1569P6 Ignitor, Autolite 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1544P12 Ignitor, Prestolite 4 Cylinder, 12 Volt, Positive
PerTronix 1566 Prestolite Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.