PerTronix ML-181 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 8 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Never change points again with the PerTronix Ignitor System. Kit completely replaces points ignition providing increased voltage for improved performance and fuel efficiency over your old Mallory Dual Point ignition. The system fits neatly underneath the distributor cap and is compatible with all 12 volt negative ground systems.
PerTronix Ignitor Systems can be used with any stock point-type coil, or use the Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil for maximum performance. Also compatible with MSD ignition boxes.
- Delivers 2x the voltage to the plugs for more power and MPG
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time, increasing coil output
- Hall Effect Trigger with no moving parts
- Epoxy molding makes module impervious to contamination
- Fits entirely inside distributor for a clean, stock look
- Stable timing - no adjustment needed
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Easy installation
447-181 Instructions (PDF)
Mallory 25, 26, YD, YL non-vacuum advance
- Operating Voltage: 8 to 16 volt DC
- Temperature Range: -50°F to 300°F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- For use with 12 volt Negative ground systems
More Like This
PerTronix ML-161 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 6 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
MSD 8861 GM HEI Module Bypass Cable
PerTronix 1283 Ignitor Kit, 1949-53 Ford Flathead, 12V
PerTronix 1531 Prestolite Ignitor, 3 Cylinder
PerTronix 1569 Autolite Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1544 Prestolite Ignitor, 4 Cylinder
PerTronix 1564P12 Ignitor, Autolite 6 Cylinder, 12 Volt, Positive
PerTronix 1561P12 Ignitor, Prestolite 6 Cylinder, 12 Volt, Positive
PerTronix 1563B Ignitor, Prestolite 6 Cylinder
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.