PerTronix D7180811 Flame-Thrower Distributor Billet VW Type 1 Engine
HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Red, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Plug n' Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance at a price you can afford. Our I3 billet distributors ship with the all NEW Ignitor III multi-spark rev limiting modules. Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEIs with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! For even more performance, consider adding one of our compatible Flame-Thrower III coils for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. Available in Flame-Thrower III canister style coils as well as our New HC and HV E-core style coils. Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range. Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting. Memory safe function stores settings eliminating unintended changes to Rev limit. Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance. Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability. Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay. Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting. Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability. Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage. Not compatible with CD or Multi-Spark boxes.
- Plug and Play with Ignitor III, Non Vacuum, Red Cap
- Plug n' Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance at a price you can afford
- Our Billet I3 distributors ship with Ignitor III multi-spark rev limiting modules.
- Precision CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings are lightweight yet offer maximum strength.
- Each billet distributor is hand polished and buffed to a high luster Tempered distributor shaft has low torsion displacement for accurate timing and extended operational life.
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting function permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance.
WarrantiesWarranty: 30 Months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
More Like This
PerTronix D186604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D180811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D7182504 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D182504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D189504 Flame-Thrower Distridutor, VW Type 1, 6 Volt
PerTronix D180813 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1, Gray
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.