PerTronix D7120711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Pontiac V8
Pontiac V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Red
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Plug n play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price that you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor and which features the patented Ignitor III electronics and a CNC machined 6061 T-6 polished billet housing.Features
• Multiple sparks throughout the entire RPM range
• Integrated digital rev limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM
• Memory safe function store settings eliminating unintended changes to rev limit
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
• Synchronized peak current and park timing reduces heat build up
• Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without heat build up, increasing coil performance and module reliability
• Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
• Senses startup and increases energy for easier quicker starting
• Thermal clad surface mount construction for superior reliability
• Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
• Not compatible with C D or Multi-Spark boxes.
• Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster
• Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life
• Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
• High strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contatcs
• Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves. Vacuum advance canister # 447-D909005 available for vacuum advance applications when required
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
• Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanicalFlame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n Play design and relatively small size. Although our distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
- PerTronix D7120711 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor Billet Pontiac V8 with Ignitor III Vacuum Advance Red Male Cap
More Like This
PerTronix D7120800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D120800 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D7120801 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D120801 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D1272 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, Pontiac V8, Blue
PerTronix D1270 Flame-Thrower Race Distributor HEI, Pontiac V8, Black
PerTronix D7120811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D7120810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D120810 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor, Pontiac V8
PerTronix D120811 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor, Pontiac V8
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.