PerTronix D71202 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Pontiac 301-455
Pontiac V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Magnetic Trigger Style, Blue
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Street/Strip HEI III distributors are built from the ground up with all new components. We have engineered a special high energy module and coil combination that operates without misfires beyond 7500 RPM with multi-sparks and an adjustable digital rev limiter. That’s nearly 3000 RPM higher than most stock HEI distributors. Flame-Thrower HEI distributor produce 67% more energy with a 45% faster spark breakdown time when compared to the stock HEI. This means twice the energy to the spark plugs. Our tests show that with these improvements wider plug gaps can be used resulting in an increasing flame kernel growth for more efficient combustion. New lightweight aluminum alloy housing. Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life. Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation. Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush. Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs. Adjustable vacuum advance canister and high performance advance curve. Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing. Meets stringent automobile susceptibility, vibration and shock requirements. Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
- Blue cap with multiple sparks and an adjustable digital rev limiter
- HEI III module integrates multi-spark discharge thru red line plus an adjustable digital rev limiter with advanced micro processor dwell control keeping the module and coil cooler with dwell current at 7.2 amps
- New lightweight aluminum alloy housing with aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. (Bronze distributor gear available)
- High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
WarrantiesLimited one year warranty
More Like This
PerTronix D71200 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Pontiac 301-455
PerTronix D71201 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Pontiac 301-455
PerTronix D320711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Pontiac 301-455
PerTronix D320710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Pontiac 301-455
Speedway Pontiac V8 HEI Electronic Distributor
MSD 8563 Pontiac V8 350-455 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8528 Pontiac V8 Ready to Run Distributor
Holley EFI 565-107 EFI Dual Sync Distributor, Pontiac
PerTronix D1202 Flame-Thrower Distributor, HEI Pontiac SB/BB, Blue
PerTronix D1200 Flame-Thrower Distributor, HEI Pontiac SB/BB, Black
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.