PerTronix D7100801 Chevy Ignitor III Billet Distributor
Chevy Big Block V8, Socket / Female Cap Type, Socket / Female Cap Terminal Style, Red, Polished
- It must use suppression spiral core ignition wires
- It can be used with most ignition coils 0.6 Ohms or greater
- Designed for 12 volt negative ground systems and requires 12-14 volts
- The lobe sensor design triggers off the point cam or reluctor and does not require a magnet sleeve
- This PerTronix Plug-n-Play Ignitor III Flame-Thrower billet distributors give you CD ignition box performance without the box
PerTronix Plug-n-Play Ignitor III Flame-Thrower billet distributors give you CD ignition box performance without the box! Ignitor III systems produce multiple sparks through the entire RPM range, but DO NOT require an external ignition "box." Plus, the Ignitor III module has an adaptive dwell feature which maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.
- Does NOT have provisions for a vacuum advance.
- Can be used with most ignition coils 0.6 Ohms or greater.
- For 12 volt negative ground systems. Requires 12-14 Volts.
- Must use suppression spiral core ignition wires (not solid core wires).
- NOT for use with CD or multiple spark systems.
- Lobe sensor design triggers off the point cam or reluctor and does not require a magnet sleeve.
- Not intended for marine use.
Does NOT have a vacuum advance and comes with an iron distributor gear. Red, points-style socket cap. For S/B and B/B Chevy.
- Ignitor III Brains...
- 5 times more spark energy than points = increased burn time
- Multi-spark thru entire RPM range = improved combustion
- Increased spark energy = more Horsepower & Better Mileage
- Adjustable REV limiter - accurate to +/- 50 RPM
- Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy thru entire RPM range
- Reduces misfires
- Increases coil performance
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- ...Billet Flame-Thrower Brawn
- Cobalt magnet + Hall Effect trigger = stable timing and precise distribution
- CNC machined billet housing polished to high luster
- Tempered distributor shaft for accurate timing and longer life
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing
- Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing
- Adjustable mechanical advance (includes various springs)
- High dielectric strength red color cap with female brass terminals
- Premium rotor with brass contact
447-71801 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.