Street/Strip HEI III distributors are built from the ground up with all new components. We have engineered a special high energy module and coil combination that operates without misfires beyond 7500 RPM with multi-sparks and an adjustable digital rev limiter. That’s nearly 3000 RPM higher than most stock HEI distributors. Flame-Thrower HEI distributor produce 67% more energy with a 45% faster spark breakdown time when compared to the stock HEI. This means twice the energy to the spark plugs. Our tests show that with these improvements wider plug gaps can be used resulting in an increasing flame kernel growth for more efficient combustion. New lightweight aluminum alloy housing. Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life. Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation. Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush. Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arcing and reduce vibration at high RPMs. Adjustable vacuum advance canister and high performance advance curve. Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing. Meets stringent automobile susceptibility, vibration and shock requirements. Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
- Chevy Small Block/Big Block, red cap with multiple sparks and digital rev-limiter
- HEI III module integrates multi-spark discharge thru red line plus an adjustable digital rev limiter with advanced micro processor dwell control keeping the module and coil cooler with dwell current at 7.2 amps
- New lightweight aluminum alloy housing with aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life.
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation.
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with camshaft. (Bronze distributor gear available)
- High dielectric strength cap with brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush.
|MFG. Part #||D71001|
|Cap Type||HEI / Male|
|External Ignition Box Required||No|
|Cap Terminal Style||HEI / Male|
|Advance Type||Mechanical and Vacuum|
|Distributor Cap Color||Red|
|Ignition Box Required||No|
|Mechanical Tach Drive||No|
|Housing Material||Billet Aluminum|
|Emissions||California EO Approved|
|Sold in Quantity||Each|
|Notes||Not for use with solid core spark plug wires.|