PerTronix D180811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Red
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Plug n' Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance at a price you can afford. Our distributors ship with Ignitor II technology modules. Replace your outdated points, electronic distributor or bulky HEIs with this performance proven system. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect two wires and start it up! For even more performance, consider adding one of our compatible Flame-Thrower II coils for increased spark energy and higher RPM potential. The lineup includes the Flame-Thrower II canister style coils as well as our HC and HV E-core style coils. Integrated Ignitor II electronic ignition with variable dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance. Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage. Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life. Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay. Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage. Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution. Compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range. Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up. Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
- Plug and Play with Ignitor II Technology, Non-Vacuum, Red Cap
- Precision CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum housings are lightweight yet offer maximum strength.
- Our Billet distributors ship with Ignitor II modules factory installed.
- Each billet distributor is hand polished and buffed to a high luster.
- Tempered distributor shaft has low torsion displacement for accurate timing and extended operational life.
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and provide shaft and advance mechanism stability reducing high RPM vibration.
WarrantiesWarranty: 30 Months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
More Like This
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186811 Flame-Thrower Billet Distributor VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D7180811 Flame-Thrower Distributor Billet VW Type 1 Engine
PerTronix D182604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186604 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D186504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D7182504 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D182504 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1
PerTronix D189504 Flame-Thrower Distridutor, VW Type 1, 6 Volt
PerTronix D180813 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1, Gray
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.