PerTronix D160800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
Socket / Female Cap Type, Socket / Female Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type, Black
Flame-Thrower billet non vacuum advance distributor with Ignitor II electronics for AMC 290-401. Black female style cap.
Plug n play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price that you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor and which features the patented IgnitorÂ® II electronics and a CNC machined 6061 T-6 polished billet housing.Features
• Integrated patented Ignitor II technology with adaptive dwell control.
• Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution.
• A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
• Ignitor II compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
• Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
• Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster.
• Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life.
• Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
• Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing.
• Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves.
• High dielectric strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact.
• Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
• Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical. Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n Play design and relatively small size.Although our distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
Application1967-1974 American Motors Ambassador
1966-1968 American Motors American
1968-1979 American Motors AMX
1966 American Motors Classic
1978-1979 American Motors Concord
1972-1976 American Motors Gremlin
1970-1977 American Motors Hornet
1968-1974 American Motors Javelin
1967 American Motors Marlin
1971-1978 American Motors Matador
1978-1979 American Motors Pacer
1969 American Motors Rambler
1967-1968 American Motors Rebel
1966 American Motors Rogue
1979 American Motors Spirit
1974-1983 Jeep Cherokee
1971-1981 Jeep CJ5
1971-1975 Jeep CJ6
1976-1981 Jeep CJ7
1972-1973 Jeep Commando
1984-1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1974-1988 Jeep J10
1971-1973 Jeep J-100
1974-1988 Jeep J20
1970-1973 Jeep J-2500
1970-1973 Jeep J-2600
1970-1971 Jeep J-3800
1971-1973 Jeep J-4500
1971-1973 Jeep J-4600
1971-1973 Jeep J-4700
1971-1973 Jeep J-4800
1972-1973 Jeep Jeepster
1972-1983 Jeep Wagoneer
- PerTronix D160800 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor Billet AMC V8 Plug and Play with Ignitor II Technology Non Vacuum Advance Black Cap
- Female Black Cap
- Not for use with solid core spark plug wires
- For Off-Road Use Only
NotesWhen installing a new distributor and distributor gear in an AMC V8, it is highly recommended to also install a new camshaft mounted, distributor drive gear.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
PerTronix D160700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D160810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D160811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D160701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D160801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D1000 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI SBC/BBC, Black Cap
PerTronix D300811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red Cap
PerTronix D1001 Flame-Thrower Distributor HEI SBC/BBC, Red Cap
PerTronix D650711 FlameThrower Distributor Replacement Red Cap
PerTronix D186810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, VW Type 1, Black Cap
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.