PerTronix D142701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Red
383 Chrysler Big Block V8, 400 Chrysler Big Block V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, Red
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
- Integrated patented Ignitor II technology with adaptive dwell control.
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution.
- A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
- Ignitor II compensates for inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
- Precision CNC machined billet housings are polished to a high luster.
- Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life.
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing work together to reduce friction and high RPM vibration.
- Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing.
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings. Distributors are factory set with a performance advance curve and are provided with additional springs for custom advance curves.
- High dielectric strength cap with male or female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact.
- Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12). Note: Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
- Warranty: 30 months electronics / Limited 1 year mechanical.
Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n Play design and relatively small size.
Although our distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
- PerTronix D142701 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor Billet Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth 383-400 Plug and Play with Ignitor II Technology Vacuum Advance Red Cap
More Like This
PerTronix D7142701 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D7142710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D7142711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D142710 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Black
PerTronix D7142700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D142700 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Black
PerTronix D142711 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Red
PerTronix D142801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Red
PerTronix D7142810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D142811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Red
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.