PerTronix D1071 Flame-Thrower Chevy HEI Distributor
Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical Advance Type
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This is a "Race" only Flamethrower HEI distributor from PerTronix. All new parts are used, and includes a 7.2 amp module and matching 50,000 volt coil. They are designed to operate in the 6500-8500 rpm range. It comes with a steel gear and does not have vacuum advance (includes an assortment of springs for mechanical advance).
Compared to standard HEI distributors, this race unit produces 42% more energy with 46% faster spark breakdown time, allowing 48% more peak current to reach the spark plug. This abundant energy doubles the spark intensity during the critical one millisecond of burn time.
Fits both the Small Block and Big Block Chevy V-8.
447-1071 Instructions (PDF)
- Lightweight A384 cast aluminum alloy housing
- Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- RACE ONLY 7.2 amp module and 50,000 volt coil
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with cam
- High dielectric strength cap with solid brass terminals and low resistance center coil brush
- Balanced rotor with nylon screws prevent arching and reduce vibration at high RPMs
- Specially designed vacuum lockout prevents changes to rotor phasing to maximize combustion burn time at high RPMs
- Tig welded rotor and advance plates prevent high RPM distortion while improving reliability
- Precision machined chromoly advance weights and center plate eliminate erratic timing
- Additional advance springs included for fine tuning the advance curve to your needs
- Replacement cap part # when required 447-D4051
More Like This
PerTronix D7100811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red
PerTronix D305810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, SBC/BBC, Black Cap
PerTronix D305811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red Cap
PerTronix D300810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, SBC/BBC, Black Cap
PerTronix D7100711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red
PerTronix D7100800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBC/BBC, Blk
PerTronix D7100810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBC/BBC, Blk
PerTronix D7105810 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red
PerTronix D105810 Flame-Thrower Electronic Distributor, SBC/BBC, Black
PerTronix D300811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, SBC/BBC, Red Cap
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Common Firing Orders