PerTronix 9HO-181 Ignitor II Distributor Conversion Kit, Holley 8 Cyl
304 International V8, 345 International V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
IGNITOR II HOLLEY 8 CYL
The Ignitor II has many of the same great feature that the Ignitor has, but its smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.Features Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
• Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
• Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
• Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
• Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
• Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
• Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).
• Guaranteed for 30 months
Application1972-81 IHC Truck 266-345 engines V8 (Factory electronic ignition, Clockwise rotation, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires, With factory Holley gold box ignition)
- PerTronix 9HO-181 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control Holley 8 cyl
- Compared to points, averages 4 times more available energy between 3000 & 5000 RPM
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
More Like This
PerTronix 91483A Ignitor II Solid-State Ignition System, IHC 8 Cyl
PerTronix HO-143 Holley Ignitor 4 Cylinder
PerTronix 1141 Delco Ignitor, 4 Cylinder Scout International
Pertronix Ignitor Kits for Mallory 4 Cylinder Dual Point Distributors
PerTronix ML-181 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 8 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
PerTronix ML-161 Ignitor Kit-Mallory 6 Cylinder Dual Point Distributor
MSD 8861 GM HEI Module Bypass Cable
PerTronix 1142P6 Delco Ignitor, 4 Cylinder, 6 Volt, Pos Ground
PerTronix NE-141P12 Northeastern Ignitor, 4 Cylinder, 12 Volt
PerTronix 1248A Ignitor, Ford 4 Cylinder
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!