PerTronix 71282 Ignitor III Ignition Module, 1954-56 Ford Y-Block V8
Our Ignitor III ignition module is designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more... 5 times more spark energy than a typical points system.
Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance... without the “box”! For the maximum Ignitor III benefit, select one of our Flame-Thrower III or HC ignition coils from the coil section of this catalog.
features and benefits:
- IGNITION BOX PERFORMANCE WITHOUT THE BOX
- Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range
- Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherentelectronic delay.
- Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada.(C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
Application1952-56 Lincoln All models w / Y Block engine V8 (Ignitor version available in 6V negative ground, add N6 suffix, Ignitor version available in 6V positive ground, add P6 suffix, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1954-56 Mercury All models Y block V8 (Ignitor version available in 6V negative ground, add N6 suffix, Ignitor version available in 6V positive ground, add P6 suffix, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1954-56 Ford Y block engine V8 (Ignitor version available in 6V negative ground, add N6 suffix, Ignitor version available in 6V positive ground, add P6 suffix, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
PerTronix 1283 Ignitor Kit, 1949-53 Ford Flathead, 12V
PerTronix 71181 Ignitor III Solid-State Distributor Ignition Module
PerTronix 71381A Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Chrysler V8
PerTronix 71385 Ignitor III Adaptive Dwell Control, Chrysler 8 Cyl
PerTronix 71281 Ignitor III Solid-State Distributor Ignition Module
PerTronix 71283 Ignitor III Adaptive Dwell Control 49-53 Ford Flathead
PerTronix 71281D Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 71847A Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Bosch 4 Cyl
PerTronix 71847V Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Bosch 4 Cyl
PerTronix 1385LS Ignition Module,Chrysler-Dual Point
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.