PerTronix 71281D Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, 8 Cylinder
Ford Small Block V8, Ford FE V8, Ford MEL V8, Ford Big Block V8, Ford Y-Block V8
Ignitor III, Ford 8-Cyl 1960-72 dual point distributor, non vac
Ignition box performance without the box. The Ignitor III is our most advanced points replacement kit yet. It is lterally an ignition box inside your distributor. It features multiple sparks throughout the entire RPM range and a high resolution REV limiter accurate to +/- 50 RPM which is set by the user. The Ignitor III module generates 5 times more spark than points. This of course means more spark energy creating more horsepower and better mileage.
Application1960-72 Ford All models V8 (Dual point distributor, Non vacuum advance distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1960-72 Ford All models V8 (Dual point distributor, Vacuum advance distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1960-73 Mercury All models V8 (Dual point distributor, Non vacuum advance distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1960-73 Mercury All models V8 (Dual point distributor, Vacuum advance distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1972-74 Pantera All models V8 (Dual point distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
- PerTronix 71281D Ignitor III Adaptive Dwell Control Multiple Spark with Digital Rev Limiter Ford 8 cyl Dual Point
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Senses crank orientation from either the distributor cam lobe or a PerTronix magnet sleeve
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for high performance reliability
- Memory safe function for user settings
- LED user feedback for rev limit confirmation
- Built-in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-8)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
PerTronix 1281 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 Ford V8
PerTronix 1284 Ford Ignitor, Dual Point, 8 Cylinder
FAST 7501700 1959-74 XRi Ford V8 Points Ignition Conversion Kit
Mallory 61002M E,Spark Conversion Kit
ACCEL 2020 Points Eliminator Kit, Ford Motorcraft Points Distributors
PerTronix 91281 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 8 Cylinder
FAST 7501705 1959-74 Ford V8 XRI Points Ignition Conversion Kit
PerTronix 1261 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1949-74 Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 91261 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1266 Pre-1965 Ford Ignitor, 6 Cylinder
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.