PerTronix 71281 Ignitor III Solid-State Distributor Ignition Module
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Our Ignitor III ignition module is designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more... 5 times more spark energy than a typical points system.
Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance... without the “box”! For the maximum Ignitor III benefit, select one of our Flame-Thrower III or HC ignition coils from the coil section of this catalog.
features and benefits:
- IGNITION BOX PERFORMANCE WITHOUT THE BOX
- Multiple sparks thru the entire RPM range
- Integrated digital REV limiter with LED feedback for precise RPM setting
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil performance and module reliability
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherentelectronic delay.
- Senses startup and increases energy for quicker, easier starting.
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada.(C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
Application1957-73 Lincoln All models V8 (Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1957-74 Ford All models V8 (Single point distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires, Ignitor III kit only fits 1960-1974 Motorcraft distributors, Complete “Stock-Look” distributors available on page 42)
1957-74 Mercury All models V8 (Single point distributor, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires, Ignitor III kit only fits 1960-1974 Motorcraft distributors)
1971-72 Pantera All models V8 (Canadian models only, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
More Like This
PerTronix 1281 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 Ford V8
FAST 7501700 1959-74 XRi Ford V8 Points Ignition Conversion Kit
PerTronix 71181 Ignitor III Solid-State Distributor Ignition Module
PerTronix 7ML-181 Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Mallory
PerTronix 71381A Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Chrysler V8
PerTronix 7LU-142A Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, 4 Cyl
PerTronix 71281D Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 71847A Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Bosch 4 Cyl
PerTronix 71847V Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Bosch 4 Cyl
PerTronix 7HO-181 Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, Holley V8
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
Common Firing Orders