PerTronix 1581LS Ignitor Kit, Prestolite 8 Cylinder
Universal Fit, 12 volts Voltage
For over thirty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. It is the number one Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit to replace original mechanical points. The Ignitor Series feature an electronic design to replace breaker points and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self-contained, maintenance-free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the "stealth" ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap. There is no "black box" to clutter the engine compartment.
For optimal performance, use the Ignitor with Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coils.
- 12-volt negative ground
- Delivers twice the voltage to the spark plugs, increasing horsepower, fuel economy, and spark plug life
- 2:1 improvement over "points" in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit, no points to burn, no moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes our module impervious to dirt, oil, grease, and moisture
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD Ignitions
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-22)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 15 business days for PerTronix to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
Common Firing Orders
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.