PerTronix 1144A Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1962-74 Chevy 4 Cyl.
153 Chevy Inline Four
Never change points again with the PerTronix Ignitor points conversion kit. It provides increased voltage for improved performance and fuel efficiency. The system completely eliminates the contact points and fits neatly underneath the distributor cap for a "stock" look. Compatible with all 12 volt negative ground systems.
PerTronix Ignitor Systems can be used with any stock point-type coil, or use the Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil for maximum performance. Also compatible with MSD ignition boxes.
- Delivers 2x the voltage to the plugs for more power and MPG
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time, increasing coil output
- Hall Effect Trigger with no moving parts
- Epoxy molding makes module impervious to contamination
- Fits entirely inside distributor for a clean, stock look
- Stable timing - no adjustment needed
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Easy installation
Item DetailsChevy 4 cyl: 1962 - 1974
Pontiac 4 cyl: 1962 - 1963
1959-60 Jeep All models 4CYL (Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1962-63 Pontiac All models 4CYL (Mechanical advance under breaker plate, Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1962-74 Chevrolet All models 4CYL (Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
1964-66 GMC Truck All models 4CYL (Not for use with solid core spark plug wires)
- Operating Voltage: 8 to 16 volt DC
- Temperature Range: -50°F to 300°F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- For use with 12 volt negative ground systems
447-1144 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
Common Firing Orders
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.