MSD 8582 Ford 289-302 Billet Distributor
289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
MSDs billet distributors are for Ford enthusiasts who are serious about performance! Just under the brass terminals of the MSD cap and rotor is an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. The assembly is fine blanked from chromoly steel, TIG-welded for strength plus receives a QPQ coating. The precision weights glide on nylon bushings for smooth advancement and different springs and stop bushings are supplied so a variety of advance curves can be tuned. The steel shaft that spins the advance and reluctor receives a friction reducing coating plus is guided by a sealed ball bearing and long sintered bushing. This combination provides stable timing signals and spark delivery at any rpm. Triggering chores are handled by MSD’s race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up.
Fits 289-302 Small Block Ford V8. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series ignition control.
- Large Base/Cap Distributor
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Supplied with Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
547-8582 Instructions (PDF)
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 8598 Ford 289, 302 Billet Distributor
MSD 8352 Ford 289-302 Ready-To-Run Distributor
MSD 8503 Ford 289-302 E-Curve Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8479 Ford 289, 302 Street Pro-Billet
MSD 8382 Ford 302 Dual Pickup Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8579 Ford 302 Small Diameter Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 2360 Pro-Billet Cam Sync Distributor, Ford 289, 302, Bronze gear
MSD 2358 Pro-Billet Cam Sync Distributor, Ford 289, 302 Steel Gear
MSD 84791 Street Pro-Billet Distributor with Steel Gear, Ford 289/302
PerTronix D130701 Flame-Thrower S/B Ford 289-302 Billet Distributor
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.