MSD 858051 Ford 351W Billet Distributor, With Steel Gear
351W Ford Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, Red, Natural
MSD now offers Ford distributors with steel gears for use with hydraulic roller cams. In the world of modern engine design, it's hard to beat a hydraulic roller camshaft for all-around performance. It's crucial to match the distributor gear with the cam material to prevent premature failure of the cam or distributor gear which can lead to engine damage. Ford distributors present a challenge when changing the distributor gear due to their pressed fit, the need to cross drill the distributor shaft and set the gear to a specific height. We've taken the trouble out of the mix with our line of popular Ford distributor applications that come with a steel gear installed ready for hydraulic roller cams. Whether you're working with a crate engine or building your own combination, MSD has the performance distributor ready.
- CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Housing and Billet Aluminum Base
- Steel Gear Installed
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 21 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 85786 Ford 351W Pro Billet Distributor, Steel Gear
MSD 8354 Ford 351W Ready-To-Run Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8584 Ford Small Block 351W Billet Distributor
MSD 85840 Ford 351W Steel Gear Billet Distributor
MSD 85783 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 351W
MSD 8451 Ford TFI EFI 351W No Module Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8578 Ford 351W Small Diameter Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85805 Ford 351W With Edelbrock Victor Jr Billet Distributor
MSD 857831 Ford 351W Pro Billet Distributor, Steel Gear, Blk
MSD 8452 Ford TFI EFI 351W With Module Pro-Billet Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.