MSD 85793 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 302 Ford
289 Ford Small Block V8, 302 Ford Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, Black
MSD Pro-Billet Distributors are the finest performance and racing distributors available. Every feature has been engineered to endure the rigors of high performance and racing engines. Whether cruising the streets or racing stock cars, dragsters, boats or trucks, MSD has a distributor for it. MSD uses state-of-the-art, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) mills and lathes to machine each housing. After a long series of precise cuts and movements, the billet is formed into a flawless distributor housing that is accurate to within 0.001”. The flex-free housings are lightweight, have no porosity or weak areas and look great on polished, show quality engines.
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing for smooth operation at all rpms
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base providing superior strength and great looks
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings (except locked out versions)
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems or racing applications
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Fits 302 Ford
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8382 Ford 302 Dual Pickup Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8579 Ford 302 Small Diameter Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8598 Ford 289, 302 Billet Distributor
MSD 8479 Ford 289, 302 Street Pro-Billet
MSD 857951 Ford 289-302 Pro Billet Distributor, Steel Gear
MSD 85795 Ford 289-302 Small Diameter Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 857931 Ford 289-302 Pro Billet Distributor, Steel Gear, Black
MSD 8503 Ford 289-302 E-Curve Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8579 Ford 302 Pro-Billet Distributor Ignition Kit, 6425/31189
MSD 85791 Ford 289-302 Billet Small Cap With Steel Gear
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.