MSD 8577 Ford 351C-460 Pro Billet Distributor
351C Ford Small Block V8, 396 Ford Small Block V8, 400 Ford Small Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type
An adjustable mechanical advance assembly allows you to get the most performance out of your engine by custom tailoring a timing curve to fit your application.
- Billet housing is 5/8 smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series Ignition Control
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.