MSD 8573 1949-53 Flathead Ford V8 Electronic Distributor
HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Mechanical and Vacuum Advance Type, Red
- Features a HEI/male cap and terminal style
- Features a maintenance free magnetic pickup for unsurpassed reliability
- Designed to fit the 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8 engines
- Housing material is made from billet aluminum and features a natural finish
- Shaft diameter measures 0.47"
Early Flathead racers and cruisers alike will be excited to see these front mount flathead distributors! MSD Ready-to-Run distributors do not need an external control box, so theres a simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect. Features a maintenance free magnetic pickup for unsurpassed reliability. Has HEI style terminals. For 12 volt negative ground applications only.
Designed for 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8 engines.
- Must use spacer # 910-1010 when using this distributor with our flathead front timing cover # 910-15632.
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Accepts Cap-A-Dapts
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.