MSD 8570 Chevy Pro-Billet Small Diameter V8 Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, Iron Gear Material
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing is 3/8 smaller in diameter and 7/8 shorter than conventional Chevy V-8 distributors with the œpoints type cap
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Adjustable slip collar mounting flange for engines with modified deck heights
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control¢ Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8, or 10 Series Ignition
- Supplied with small diameter HEI style distributor cap and rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 85703 Small Block Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 8486 Super Tall Block Crab Cap Distributor, Chevy V8
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
HEI Distributor w/Super Cap, SBC Small Block Chevy, Black
SBC HEI Distributor and Spark Plug Wiring Kit, Under Headers
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.