MSD 8560 Chevy V8 Marine Certified Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, Iron Gear Material
Marine environments place rigorous demands on every component of the ignition system, especially the distributor. The combination of water spray, salt exposure, full throttle acceleration and harsh vibrations all take their toll. The MSD Pro-Billet Distributor is the strongest and most accurate distributor you can put in your boat. The housing is CNC-machined from a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum creating a housing with no porosity. Internally, a QPQ coated shaft is guided by a sealed ball bearing and an extra long sintered bushing for highspeed stability. Each distributor uses MSDs race-proven magnetic pickup to trigger the ignition control. Mounted just above the pickup is a mechanical advance assembly that is easy to adjust so you can dial-in an ignition curve to match your boats application (except PN 8366). For marine use, the distributor cap is bolted to the aluminum base. There are two flame arrestor holes with brass screens machined into the base of the distributor to prevent ignition of gas fumes that may build up in the engine compartment. A special Weathertight Connector is supplied to provide a positive-lock and water resistant connection. The Marine Pro-Billet Distributors have been tested by Underwriters Laboratory and are certified to meet or exceed safety standards for marine ignition systems as set by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Designed for use in marine applications with Chevy V8 automotive engines
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base with two flame arrestor holes with brass screens
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Weathertight connectors are used for locked and sealed connections
- Supplied with a bolt down HEI style distributor cap and rotor
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 8486 Super Tall Block Crab Cap Distributor, Chevy V8
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 8570 Chevy Pro-Billet Small Diameter V8 Distributor
MSD 83603 Distributor, Chevy V8
MSD 85555 Chevy Black V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85703 Small Block Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85505 Black Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.