MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
If you have a slightly taller block or have decked the heads, the distance between the distributor mounting pad and the cam gear/oil pump drive may be different. MSD offers these Distributor with an adjustable slip collar with 1.5” of adjustment so you can be sure the distributor is installed correctly. The distributor shares the same features of the standard Pro-Billet Chevrolet model including a ball bearing guide, long sintered lower bushing, oil seal, and an adjustable mechanical advance assembly. The maintenance-free magnetic pick-up in the billet base of the distributor triggers the MSD CD Ignition box (not included). Fits Small Block or Big Block Chevy V8.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the RPM range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts MSD Cap-A-Dapts)
547-5561 Instructions (PDF)
- Must be used with a CD Ignition Control (MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series).
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for racing blocks with maximum increased deck height such as Alan Root, Merlin and Rocket Blocks.
- Cap has HEI-style terminals
- Slip collar has 1.5" of adjustment
- Iron distributor gear
More Like This
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 85705 Chevy Pro-Billet Distributor, Late Model/Modified
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
PerTronix D305710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Slip Collar Chevy V8
PerTronix D305711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Slip Collar Chevy V8
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.