MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type
- Has a CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Special nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Features an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance is mounted on top of the shaft
- The advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- A maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
If you have a slightly taller block or have decked the heads, the distance between the distributor mounting pad and the cam gear/oil pump drive may be different. MSD offers these Distributor with an adjustable slip collar with 1.5” of adjustment so you can be sure the distributor is installed correctly. The distributor shares the same features of the standard Pro-Billet Chevrolet model including a ball bearing guide, long sintered lower bushing, oil seal, and an adjustable mechanical advance assembly. The maintenance-free magnetic pick-up in the billet base of the distributor triggers the MSD CD Ignition box (not included). Fits Small Block or Big Block Chevy V8.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the RPM range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing and extra long sintered bushing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts MSD Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with a CD Ignition Control (MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Series).
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for racing blocks with maximum increased deck height such as Alan Root, Merlin and Rocket Blocks.
- Cap has HEI-style terminals
- Slip collar has 1.5" of adjustment
- Iron distributor gear
547-5561 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
MSD 84741 Crate engine GM Kit - PN 8360, 8207, Univ WireSet
MSD 84742 Crate engine GM Kit - PN 8365, Wire Set Univ.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.