MSD 8534 Chrysler 318, 360 Billet Distributor
Chrysler Small Block V8, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, Red, Natural
Remove the MSD cap and Race Rotor and youll find easy access to the adjustable mechanical advance assembly. This advance is designed for accuracy and strength with TIG-welded weight pins, nylon pads for smooth movement of the weights and a QPQ coating for friction reduction. Different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can custom tailor a timing curve to fit your Chryslers needs. Supporting the advance assembly is a hardened, polished steel shaft. Two ball bearing guides are used to support the shaft producing incredible stability. Precision paddles of a zinc-plated reluctor pass a maintenance-free magnetic pick-up creating a trigger signal that tells the MSD to fire.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by two sealed ball bearings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- Must be used with an MSD 6, 7, 8 or 10 Ignition Control.
- Does not accept a vacuum advance.
- Fits Chrysler 273, 318, 340, or 360
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
HEI Distributor, Chrysler 318/360 V8, Red
MSD 8388 Chrysler 318-360, Ready to Run Distributor
PerTronix D341711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chrysler 273-360, Red
FAST 1000-1810EFI XDi EZ-RUN Distributor, Chrysler 273-360
PerTronix D141801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 273-360, Red
PerTronix D141800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 273-360, Black
PerTronix D7141811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 273-360
PerTronix D7141700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 273-360
MSD 8545 Chrysler 383,400 Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8386 Chrysler 383-400 Ready to Run Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.