MSD 8519 AMC V8 Distributor
290 AMC V8, 304 AMC V8, 327 AMC V8, 343 AMC V8, 360 AMC V8, 390 AMC V8, 401 AMC V8, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDAYS are here again! SAVE up to 20% on this part and hundreds of other Holley brands during the 2018 HolleyDAYS sale 11/15/18-12/31/18.
There is a big following of AMC enthusiasts that are cruising a 304/360/401 equipped Javelin or trail blazing in a rock crawling Jeep with a V-8 engine! MSD offers two Pro-Billet Distributors to deliver accurate trigger signals and are maintenance-free!
- Designed for street/performance use with a mechanical and vacuum advance
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
Fits 290, 304, 343, 360, 390, 401 engines. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition.
NotesWhen installing a new distributor and distributor gear in an AMC V8, it is highly recommended to also install a new camshaft mounted, distributor drive gear.
More Like This
MSD 8523 AMC V8 Ready to Run Distributor
PerTronix D160810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D160811 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D160711 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D160710 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D360710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor AMC 290-401, Black
PerTronix D360711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor AMC 290-401, Red
PerTronix D160801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
PerTronix D160800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Black Cap
PerTronix D160701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, AMC V8, Red Cap
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.