MSD 8515 Chevy In-line 6 Cylinder Distributor
Chevy Inline Six, External Ignition Box Required, HEI / Male Cap Type, Magnetic Trigger Style
- Designed for street/performance use with a mechanical and vacuum advance
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with a HEI style distributor cap and rotor
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Will not fit 235 and 261 engines
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 8486 Super Tall Block Crab Cap Distributor, Chevy V8
MSD 8570 Chevy Pro-Billet Small Diameter V8 Distributor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.