MSD 8389 Chrysler 392 Hemi Ready-to-Run Distributor
392 Chrysler Hemi V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Natural
The Ready-to-Run distributor earns its name with simple wiring. One wire to 12 volts, one to coil negative and another to ground. That’s it! A matching harness with a 3-pin Weathertight connector is supplied.
Does not require an MSD Ignition Control.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by sealed ball bearings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with a HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- CARB E.O. Approved
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
547-8389 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 8391 Chrysler 331/354 Hemi Ready-to-Run Distributor
MSD 8387 Chrysler 440-426 Ready-to-Run Distributor
MSD 8386 Chrysler 383-400 Ready to Run Distributor
MSD 8352 Ford 289-302 Ready-To-Run Distributor
MSD 8388 Chrysler 318-360, Ready to Run Distributor
MSD 8350 Ford 351C-460 Ready-To-Run Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 83891 HEMI Pro-Billet Distributor, Chrysler 392
MSD 8354 Ford 351W Ready-To-Run Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8595 Ford FE Ready-to-Run Distributor
MSD 8523 AMC V8 Ready to Run Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.