MSD 8386 Chrysler 383-400 Ready to Run Distributor
383 Chrysler Big Block V8, 400 Chrysler Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, Natural
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by sealed ball bearings
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with a HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8545 Chrysler 383,400 Pro-Billet Distributor
FAST 305012 Billet Dual-Sync Distributor, Chrysler B, B/B 383-400
PerTronix D7142800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
PerTronix D142701 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 384-400, Red
PerTronix D7142700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 383-400
MSD 8388 Chrysler 318-360, Ready to Run Distributor
HEI Distributor, Chrysler 318/360 V8, Red
MSD 8387 Chrysler 440-426 Ready-to-Run Distributor
PerTronix D7141700 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor Mopar 273-360
PerTronix D141801 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Mopar 273-360, Red
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Bringing an old Mopar back to life isn't always a breeze. Fortunately, MSD has come up with a solution for those outdated and unreliable points-type ignition systems. Find out how to install a MSD 8386 distributor and MSD 5531 spark plug wires
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.