MSD 83831 Ford Y Block Pro-Billet Distributor
272 Ford Y-Block V8, 292 Ford Y-Block V8, 312 Ford Y-Block V8, 368 Ford Y-Block V8, Red
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
The Ford Y-Block holds a special place in Ford’s history books and with blue oval enthusiasts. To ensure precise spark delivery and control, MSD offers a Pro-Billet Distributor for most Y-Blocks.
Rather than ancient breaker points, this distributor uses a maintenance-free non-magnetic pickup to trigger the ignition control. Atop the distributor shaft is our proven centrifugal advance that allows you to alter the rate and amount of mechanical advance which is a very important tuning step with a Y-Block.
This distributor requires an MSD Ignition Control such as a 6A or 7-series ignition which will provide plenty of energy and multiple sparks to make your vintage Ford purr.
Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition. May hit firewall seam on 57-59 full size cars
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Requires an MSD Ignition Control
- May hit firewall seam on '57-'59 full size cars.
More Like This
MSD 8383 Ford Y-Block Distributor
292-312 Ford Y Block Mag-Look Electronic Distributor
Ford 292-312 Y-Block Mag-Look Electronic Distributors
PerTronix D333710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Ford 352-428 FE
Holley EFI 565-105 EFI Dual Sync Distributor, Ford
PerTronix D333711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Ford 332-428 FE
PerTronix D7133800 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D133800 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Ford FE 352-428, Black
PerTronix D7133811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D133810 Flame-Thrower Distributor, Ford FE 352-428, Black
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.