MSD 8383 Ford Y-Block Distributor
Ford Y-Block V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors is excited to offer the MSD Ready-to-Run Distributors for this classic Ford Y-Block engine! These Ford Y-Block distributors are the answer to weak breaker points or rebuilt aftermarket models due to the reliable, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up. Plus, Ready-to-Run distributors do not require an MSD ignition control box, so all you need to do is connect three wires!
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
Fits 239, 272, 292, and 312 Ford engines.
May hit firewall seam on 1957-59 full size cars.
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
MSD 83831 Ford Y Block Pro-Billet Distributor
292-312 Ford Y Block Mag-Look Electronic Distributor
Ford 292-312 Y-Block Mag-Look Electronic Distributors
PerTronix D333710 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Ford 352-428 FE
Holley EFI 565-105 EFI Dual Sync Distributor, Ford
PerTronix D333711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Ford 332-428 FE
PerTronix D133701 Flame-Thrower FE Ford 352, 390, 428 Distributor
PerTronix D7133710 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133711 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
PerTronix D7133811 Flame-Thrower Ignitor III Distributor, Ford 352-428
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.