MSD 8383 Ford Y-Block Distributor
Ford Y-Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Magnetic Trigger Style
- Offers a simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Features a CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- The powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Has a easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- A maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
Speedway Motors is excited to offer the MSD Ready-to-Run Distributors for this classic Ford Y-Block engine! These Ford Y-Block distributors are the answer to weak breaker points or rebuilt aftermarket models due to the reliable, maintenance-free magnetic pick-up. Plus, Ready-to-Run distributors do not require an MSD ignition control box, so all you need to do is connect three wires!
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Hex Drive
Fits 239, 272, 292, and 312 Ford engines.
May hit firewall seam on 1957-59 full size cars.
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!