MSD 8363 472-500 Cadillac Pro-Billet Distributor
472 Cadillac V8, 500 Cadillac V8, Not Computer-Controlled Compatible, Magnetic Trigger Style
Cadillac cruisers will be excited about this new Pro-Billet Distributor for the 368, 425, 472 and 500 cubic inch engines. The Distributor begins life as a billet of 6061-T6 aluminum before being CNC-machined to precise dimensions. The sturdy, flex-free housing is fitted with a sealed ball-bearing and long sintered bushing for high-rpm accuracy. MSD’s race proven magnetic pick-up supplies a trigger signal that is accurate to within one degree at any rpm. Mounted above this pick-up is an adjustable mechanical advance and is supplied with different springs and stop bushings for a number of curves. For street cruising economy, as if there’s any such thing in a Caddy, there is a vacuum advance canister.
- Designed for Cadillac 368, 425, 472 and 500 ci engines
- Accepts HEI style ignition wires
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
547-8363 Instructions (PDF)
WarrantiesFor warranty information, please visit http://www.msdhelp.com/
More Like This
Joe Hunt Mag Look 1968-76 Cadillac 472/500 Distributors
Joe Hunt Mag Look 1949-53 Cadillac 331 Distributors
Joe Hunt Mag Look 1952-1962 Cadillac 365/390 Distributors
HEI Distributor w/Super Cap, SBC Small Block Chevy, Black
HEI External Timing Adjustment Knob
HEI Distributor, SBF Small Block Ford, 289/302, Blue
HEI Distributor w/Super Cap, SBC Small Block Chevy, Red
HEI Distributor, SBF Small Block Ford, 5.0L V8, Blue
Edelbrock 22753 Max-Fire Ready to Run Distributor, Cadillac V8
Garage Sale - HEI Base Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.