MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy HEI Distrib. Ignition Kit, 6201/31199
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Breathe new life into your Small Block Chevy or Big Block Chevy engine with this easy-to-install distributor ignition kit!
- (1) MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
- (1) Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer Connector
- (1) MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
- (1) Chevy Distributor Clamp
- (1) MSD 31199 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Universal 8 Cylinder Super Conductor
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
- All new distributor is spec’d by MSD engineers and is built around a new cast aluminum housing
- Includes a powerful ignition module, coil and high quality cap and rotor
- One of the most important tuning features of a distributor is the centrifugal advance
- The Street Fire HEI Distributor features an advance assembly that features welded weight pins and coated weights to ensure smooth movement and accurate timing
- Included 4-pin Module
Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer Connector
- These plastic insulators and brass terminals make your power supply connection and tach connection to the DUI Distributor super easy!
- They plug directly into the cap and coil assembly and the locking tabs prevent lost connections due to vibration
MSD 6201 6A Ignition Control
- Higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy
- Efficient components use less current to produce more power
- Same bolt pattern as the original 6A with a lower profile housing
- Built-in LED for system checks
- All wires exit the same side through a locked, sealed connector
- Compatible with 4, 6 and 8-cylinder engines
Learn more about determining the proper MSD ignition control box for your application by reading our tech article. The Differences Between 6 Series MSD Ignition Control Units.
Chevy Distributor Clamp
- Extra heavy duty distributor clamp
- Gives more hold-down area for your Small Block Chevy (SBC) or Big Block Chevy (BBC)
MSD 31199 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Universal 8 Cylinder Super Conductor
- Only 40-50 ohms of resistance per ft.
- Lowest resistance of any helically wound wire
- Unique materials and design provides extremely effective Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) "choke"
- Keeps the EMI inside the wire where it cannot interfere with other electronics on your vehicle
- Vise mount wire crimping tool included
Learn how to properly attach new spark plug terminals and boots by reading our tech article. How to Install Spark Plug Wire Ends.
- Spark Energy: 135-145 mJ per spark
- Primary Voltage: 520-540 Volts
- Secondary Voltage: 45,000 Volts
- Spark Series Duration: 20 degree Crankshaft Rotation
- RPM Range: 15,000 RPM with 14.4 Volts
- Voltage Required: 12-15 Volts, 7 Volt Start
- Current Draw: .7 Amp per 1,000 RPM
- Weight and Size: 1.7 lbs., 8"L x 4"W x 1.825"H
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI DistributorPart # 5478362Qty x 1
Performance Distributors 111111 Battery and Tachometer ConnectorPart # 91013201Qty x 1
MSD 6201 6A Ignition ControlPart # 5476201Qty x 1
Chevy Distributor ClampPart # 7209126Qty x 1
MSD 31199 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Universal 8 Cylinder Super ConductorPart # 54731199Qty x 1
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.