MSD 8360 Chevy V8 with Internal Module Distributor
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Magnetic Trigger Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The Pro-Billet Ready-to-Run distributor is the perfect upgrade for outdated points distributors or bulky HEIs. Simply install the distributor in the engine, connect three wires, the coil and fire it up! A maintenance-free magnetic pick-up accurately triggers the module. The increased output of the amplifier easily outperforms stock ignitions and will smooth out the engine’s idle, improve starting and provide a much higher rpm range. The Ready-to-Run features MSD’s adjustable mechanical advance which allows you to custom tailor an ignition curve to match your engine’s needs. There is also a vacuum advance canister to help improve economy. For positive street performance, the Ready-to-Run is the best choice.
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from Chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Special oil tract improves lubrication to the distributor and cam gear
- O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks to improve oil pressure control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
547-8360 Instructions (PDF)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control.
- If replacing a GM HEI, a Blaster coil and coil wire are required.
- If replacing a GM HEI, a Blaster coil and coil wire are required
- High output ignition module provides plenty of spark for improved performance
More Like This
MSD 8361 Billet Chevy Distributor with Vacuum Advance
Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor w/ MSD Module
MSD 85501 Chevy V8 Pro-Billet Distributor, Locked-Out Timing
MSD 85561 Chevy Billet Distributor with Slip Collar
MSD 84741 Crate engine GM Kit - PN 8360, 8207, Univ WireSet
MSD 84742 Crate engine GM Kit - PN 8365, Wire Set Univ.
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
MSD 85551 Chevy Billet Distributor
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.