MSD 83541 Ford 351W Ready-To-Run Pro Billet Distributor
351W Ford Small Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Natural
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
HolleyDays INSTANT REBATE. Select Holley, MSD, Mr Gasket, Earl's Performance, Demon Carburetion, Weiand, Lakewood, Superchips, Diablo Sport, RacePak, Hooker, NOS, Flowtech, Frostbite Performance Cooling, Mallory Ignition, STS Turbo, Hays, Accel, Quick Time, Edge, Quick Fuel, Anvil, Bright Earth, Flowmaster, Hurst, B&M, APR, Dinan, XDR discounted up to 10% through December 31, 2019.
MSD’s Ready-to-Run Ford Distributors are the perfect upgrade for bulky DuraSpark systems or ancient breaker point models. These distributors come complete and ready-to-run. All you need to do is drop it in the engine, connect three wires and fire the engine. Each distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance. The billet aluminum housings of these distributors are 5/8” smaller in diameter to accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides an oversized shaft. Beneath the bolt down cap and MSD race rotor you’ll find MSD’s accurate mechanical advance assembly. Different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied so you can easily tune a curve to match your needs. Plus, there is a vacuum advance canister to increase economy on long drives. For protection, there is also an easy-to-set rev limiter!
- Equipped with Steel Gear
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with small diameter cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Note: Will not fit XD and later Australian 351 Cleveland engines.
More Like This
MSD 8451 Ford TFI EFI 351W No Module Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85840 Ford 351W Steel Gear Billet Distributor
MSD 85783 Black Pro-Billet Distributor, 351W
MSD 8384 Ford 351W Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8452 Ford TFI EFI 351W With Module Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8453 Ford TFI 351W Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 8478 Ford 351W Street Pro-Billet
MSD 8578 Ford 351W Small Diameter Pro-Billet Distributor
MSD 85805 Ford 351W With Edelbrock Victor Jr Billet Distributor
MSD 23783 Ford 351W Dual Sync Distributor, Black
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.