MSD 8223 Blaster 3 Coils
Universal Fit, 7.50" Overall Height, 2.125" Outside Diameter, HEI / Male Cap Type
- Has an extra tall secondary tower for secure coil wire connection
- Features an improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- A 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- The MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Comes supplied with a 90° spark plug style terminal and boot
The Blaster 3 Coil features an extra tall tower design to improve the coil wire attachment and spark isolation. Supplied with a 90° terminal and boot.
- Extra tall secondary tower for secure coil wire connection
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)• 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- MSD Red metal canister is filled with a premium grade oil for cooling
- Supplied with a 90° spark plug style terminal and boot
- CARB E.O. Approved
|Primary resistance:||.7 OHMs|
|Secondary resistance:||4.5K OHMs|
|Maximum voltage:||45,000 Volts|
|Peak current:||140 mA|
|Spark duration:||350 uS|
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
There is a lot to consider when choosing the proper spark plug for your engine's intended application and power level. Let us take some of the guesswork out with our spark plug buyer's guide.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.