MSD 8222 Blaster 2 Coil - Black
Universal Fit, 6.00" Overall Height, 2.125" Outside Diameter, Socket / Female Cap Type
- Coil is CARB E.O. approved and produces 45,000 volts
- Primary resistance is .70 ohms and secondary is 4.5 ohms
- Has an improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions
- The 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- The metal canister is encased with epoxy to protect the windings from high vibration applications
In applications such as off-road, marine or other harsh conditions, the MSD Blaster High Vibration Coil is the best choice. The sturdy metal housing of the High Vibration Coil is completely potted with a premium grade epoxy to completely encase the coil’s primary and secondary windings. This protects the coil’s internal components from high and low frequency vibrations that are commonly experienced in racing.
- Metal canister is encased with epoxy to protect the windings from high vibration applications
- Improved output coil for electronic ignitions, and MSD Ignitions (ballast resistor required for points)
- 100:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- CARB E.O. Approved
|Primary resistance:||.7 OHMs|
|Secondary resistance:||4.5K OHMs|
|Maximum voltage:||45,000 Volts|
|Peak current:||140 mA|
|Spark duration:||350 uS|
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
MSD 827263 Blaster Coil, 2006-10 Chrysler V6, 6-Pack, Black
MSD 871643 Blaster Coil 2013-18 VW/Audi 4 Cylinder, Black, 4-Pack
MSD 8203 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil w/ Resistor
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil
MSD 8200 Blaster 2 Coil - Chrome
MSD 8202 Blaster 2 Ignition Coil with 8213 Coil Bracket
MSD 87163 Blaster Coil, 2013-18 VW/Audi 4 Cylinder, Black
MSD 8223 Blaster 3 Coils
MSD 8272 Blaster Coil, 2006-10 Chrysler V6, Single Pack, Red
MSD 87164 Blaster Coil, 2013-18 VW/Audi 4 Cylinder, Red, 4-Pack
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.