MSD 8000 Pro 600 CDI
15,000 RPM RPM Range, Black
Introducing MSD's PRO 600 CDI 8-channel capacitive discharge ignition. Designed for coil-near-plug engine management systems such as Holley EFI, GM LS platforms, and most other EFI systems, the PRO 600 is also capable of easily converting any distributor type ignition into a coil-near-plug system.
When you're making extreme cylinder pressure with boost or nitrous on an inductive coil-per-plug ignition, lack of spark energy means you're leaving horsepower on the table. To answer this need, the ignition experts at MSD developed the PRO 600 CDI to provide unrivaled spark energy and dependability.
The PRO 600 has built-in protection for accidental reverse battery connection, over-temperature protection, and LED diagnostics that can identify an issue with individual coils should a problem arise. A programmable power setting allows racers to switch between a user-adjustable 250 to 400 millijoule output, or the industry-leading output of 680 millijoules via an activation wire or software - making the PRO 600 ideal for Drag Week style cars. Turn it down for the long haul, and then set it to kill mode at the strip.
Pro Mod to Pro Street, or yanking a sled in the dirt with a pulling truck, if you need to light 8 coils without fail - the PRO 600 is the answer.
- Eight outputs of up to 680 mJ of energy
- All necessary wiring harnesses included
- Continuous 600 mJ operation without risk of failure from overheating
- High-efficiency Alternating Current (AC) power delivery means less voltage draw from your battery or charging system
- Over 50 Kilovolts output voltage when used with MSD suggested coils
- Spark duration of greater than 300 microseconds
- 6 Volts minimum required for starting and running
- 12 Volts minimum required for 600 mJ operation
- Maximum Operating Voltage 22V
- Direct Plugin to Holley EFI systems
- Compatible with most EFI systems, including 5V or 12V drivers
- Plugin interface with MSD Power-Grid, Davis Profiler, and OEM LS-style coil harness
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Protection against shorted or open coils, and over temperature
- Diagnostic LEDs help troubleshoot issues should they arise
- On the fly Power Output selection wire, selectable between low power and high power operation
- Fits most coil-per-plug engines up to eight cylinders (Including four and six cylinders)
- Additional CAN-based features when used with Holley EFI - See addendum below
- Approved for NHRA Pro Mod Class
Holley EFI V5 Build 130 (ZIP)
Holley EFI Addendum (PDF)
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 21 business days for MSD to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
MSD 8000-8 Pro 600 CDI Ignition and Coil Kit
MSD 8998 Single Channel Digital Ignition Tester
MSD 7222 MSD 7AL-2 Ignition Control
MSD 6462 6BTM CDI Ignition Control Unit
MSD 6421 6AL-2 CDI Ignition Box
MSD 6430 Extreme Duty 6ALN CDI Ignition Control
MSD 6530 MSD Digital Programmable 6AL-2
MSD 6560 MSD 6M-2L Marine Certified Ignition with Rev Limit
MSD 8680 Adjustable Timing Control
MSD 6214 Programmable Midget CDI Ignition System
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.